- 240L (Standard bin) Most common size bin. Suitable for 2 people + in household
- 240L Blue Recycling bin is provided with each waste bin.
- 23L Brown Caddy is provided *Where Available
There are many benefits of this to you:
- Improved environmental responsibility by reduction of biodegradable waste to landfill therefore reducing the generation of landfill gas and leachate
- Increased waste recovery on site – recovery solution instead of disposal to landfill
- Direct cost savings due to diversion of biodegradable waste from general waste bin
- Reduction in consumption of natural resources e.g. substituting peat moss with a sustainable resource such as compost
Businesses can reduce disposal fees, demonstrate leadership and corporate responsibility, and help the community meet local and national waste reduction goals.
- Wrap food waste in 2 sheets of old newspaper.
- You can also obtain liners for your brown bin i.e. COMPOSTABLE BAGS, These can be got at any leading supermarkets.
- Brown materials such as leaves, straw, woody materials or dry grass help to mop up wet waste in the bin.
- Keep your bin in a shady area; this will help to keep the material fresh.
COLLECTION OF BINS IS ON ALTERNATIVE WEEKS
- Please put your bin(s) out for collection before 6.00a.m, or the night before hand if possible.
- Your bin(s) should be left outside your premises at the kerbside where they can be clearly seen by our bin collectors.
- You are responsible for your waste until it has been collected by McGrath Waste Management.
- Ensure your bin lid is closed fully so materials are not at risk of falling out
Payment can be made at our office.