Information we collect and what we do with it
When you visit our website we use a Cookie to identify you as a new visitor. Each visitor receives a Cookie. This Cookie will help remember if you have logged in, so you don’t need to log in every time you open a new page. This Cookie also allows us to keep count of unique visitors to our web pages and website. These Cookies contain NO personally identifiable information.
When you visit our Customer Portal we record the information you enter in order to access your account. This information will be provided by you for the purpose of accessing your account and you cannot access your account without entering this information. We record some of this information and may add it to your customer account record, so that you don’t need to enter it again on subsequent visits.
When you submit an enquiry or an order for service we record the information provided by you, for the purpose of servicing your enquiry or order.
Other than when you submit personal information for the purpose of an enquiry, request or order, we do not collect any personal information, but may collect non-personal technical information – e.g. information about the type of computer or browser you are using. This information is used only for ensuring and assisting in the smooth running of our website, and assisting with solving any problems that may arise.
The Information we collect about you:
We will hold:
- Data to identify you, including your contact information and Eircode
- Your Bank Account Details should you pay your bill by Direct Debit
- Information you have consented to us using
- Information regarding the weight of your bin and location of its collection for legitimate business reasons.
How long we hold your data:
How long we hold your data for is subject to legislation and regulatory rules we must follow, set by authorities such as National Waste Collection Permit office, Mayo County Council and Sligo County Council.
Implications of not providing your data:
If you do not provide information we may not be able to:
- Provide requested products or services to you.
- To continue to provide and/or renew existing products or services
How to exercise your information rights including the right to object:
From 25th May 2018, you will have several enhanced rights in relation to how we use your information, including the right, without undue delay to:
- Find out if we use your information, access your information and receive copies of your information.
- Have inaccurate/incomplete information corrected and updated
- Object to particular use of your personal data for our legitimate business interest
- In certain circumstances, a right to have your information deleted or our use of your data restricted
How to contact us and/or Data Protection Officer:
If you have any questions about how we use your information, you can reach our Data Protection Officer by mail to: McGrath Waste Management, Quarry Point Business Park, Moneenbradagh, Castlebar, Co. Mayo or by phone on 094 90 31315